Q: Is the Care Home Registered?

A: Yes, we are registered with the Care Inspectorate to provide care for 30 residents. All of our services are managed by our Registered Manager Melanie Bundy. Melanie has considerable years of experience in the sector.

Q: Can I check the standards of Wallside Grange Care Home and the care it provides?

A: Yes. The Care Inspectorate provides reports detailing the standards of care homes and the care they provide. The reports for Wallside Grange can be found by visiting the Care Inspectorate’s website The latest findings are also on display at the care home.

Q: What happens before I arrive at Wallside Grange Care Home?

A: Prior to admission, the Care Home Manager or a senior member of the management team will make an appointment to visit you at home or in hospital. This allows us to carry out an assessment of your care requirements. Although you may need some help in caring for yourself, we hope to encourage you to sustain the level of independence you feel most comfortable with. You will be assigned a professionally qualified personal carer, who will help to plan a program of individual care suited to your particular needs.

Q: Can I have a lie-in if I feel like it?

A: Of course you can. You can simply request breakfast at a later time.

Q: What is a care plan and will I have one?

A: A care plan is a document that details what care and support will meet your individual needs. At Wallside Grange we will work with you to tailor a person-centred care plan that meets your specific requirements. This will be reviewed on a regular basis and a copy of your care plan can be obtained from your personal carer at any time.

Q: Can my family and grandchildren visit me?

A: Yes. We think it is vitally important for family to not only visit, but also become actively involved in life at Wallside Grange. Visitors including children and grandchildren, are welcome at any time. You are welcome to invite guests to join you for a meal at the home and we also can arrange Skype calls so that you can keep in touch with long-distance family.

Q: Can I bring my own items of furniture?

A: Yes, as long as the items are able to fit practically within your bedroom and meet the fire safety regulations.

Q: What if I need to see a Doctor, Dentist or Optician?

A: Our relationship with the local doctor's surgery is excellent. Our GP attends the care home weekly, and whenever needed outside of scheduled visits. The Optician visits every three months, and there is a Dentist in the village that we can arrange for residents to see.

Q: Can I have a pet?

A: This may be possible depending on the care needs of the pet in question, but we would always consider it.

Q: What is the continuity and level of staffing like at the care home?

A: We are very fortunate to have a committed team at Wallside Grange, and have many members of staff that have been in continuous service for a considerable time. Staffing levels are always set to ensure that our team have sufficient time to care for residents' needs.

Q: What arrangements can be made to reflect my religious and cultural beliefs?

A: At Wallside Grange Care Home we ensure your religious, cultural and social beliefs are respected. We have links to a wide variety of local places of worship and religious organisations. Your minister, priest, or community leader is welcome to visit you at any time. Families or friends are also encouraged to take you to organised services at your place of worship.

Q: Who will look after my medicines?

A: All medicines prescribed by a Doctor are stored in secure medicine cabinets and are dispensed at the prescribed times by the Manager or Deputy on duty. However, if you are able to look after your own medicines this can be arranged.

Q: Do you accept residents who suffer from dementia?

A: Yes. Our staff are specially trained and experienced in supporting residents with dementia.

Q: What is an Advance Directive and do I need one?

A: Advance Directives (also known as living wills) allow you to outline the treatment and care you would like in the future, when you may not be able to communicate your wishes. It is your choice to have one. You can set up an Advance Directive through a solicitor, or you may fill in a prepared form. Our staff are able to assist you with this. We would also recommend that you involve your doctor when writing your Advance Directive, as they will be able to help you go through the issues involved. Also, including your close friends or relatives in discussions about your Advance Directive will help them understand your wishes. An Advance Directive should be reviewed regularly to ensure it is up-to-date.